Saturday, February 2, 2008

Dear Marvel

So, in my last post about the Authority, I attempted to measure the awesomeness of The Authority versus things such as Kill Bill, DC's Countdown and Walt Simonson's run on Thor, which is also awesome. Simonson's run on Thor is the second-best thing I've ever laid eyes on (Authority being top dog)

I own most of it in back issues and most of it in nice recoloured fancy dan trade paperbacks that I had to beg borrow and steal to find. Out of the four that are available, only two are in print, and the fifth one is due in stores in February.

Here are the Amazon links:
Marvel, heed my words. You need to fix this. First of all, the first volume needs to reprinted and re-coloured at the same level of quality as the other volumes. It's printed on cheaper paper and looks like the original comics. Secondly, you need to put the second and third volume back in print so that people who buy the first can continue the story.

In order to get the third volume, I had to drive 8 hours to Regina to a comic book store and pay 30 bucks for it. Well, that's not true. I happened to be Regina and went into the store on a whim, and there it was. But that's besides the point. It's crazy!

So Marvel, get your heads out of the sand and put these into print. There are far too many trades that have slipped out of the realm of possibility.

Here's another thing. You have Simonson's run on the Fantastic Four as volume one of the Visionaries line. Okay so where the hell is the next volume? It's been almost a year since you printed that. And the run doesn't get better until the second half.

Okay? Okay? Well get on it.

EDIT: So I went to the local comic shop to check out the new releases and there, on the shelf, is Volume 5, fifteen whole days before it's supposed to be in shops. I didn't ask why, I picked it up. God I love re-colourings!

No comments: