Saturday, February 9, 2008

What the f*&$, Teletoon?


So Teletoon Retro... what the f*&%? What's happening here? I found out about this channel back before Christmas and I wanted it so bad. The old cartoons are so good - but not really good enough to be purchasing on the digital video discs - or DVDs as the young'uns call 'em.

Shows on Teletoon Retro run from awesome to predictable to "why?". The awesome? Rocket Robin Hood, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show, The Racoons. The predictable? The Jetsons and Flintstones - both shows aren't that great. The "why?" section is filled with great "retro" shows as Barney, Arthur, Blue's Clues, and The Tom and Jerry Show, which is easily one of the worst animated duos in the history of animation. They're terrible, boring and tedious.

But wait. Yes, you don't have to rub your eyes, you saw right. I said Barney and Friends and I said Blue's Clues.

When I say "Teletoon Retro" what does that make you think? Older cartoons, the classic cartoons from the sixties and seventies that are no longer omnipresent on television. So in what universe does Barney and Blue's Clues fit that aforementioned criteria? First of all, they're not really retro. They're kind of old cause they're from the nineties but retro? I think not. And secondly, and possibly more important, they're not CARTOONS.

BUT, I will say this... they do have The Animaniacs coming later in February. So yay.

Here's some shows I would like to see on Teletoon Retro:
The Mighty Hercules, Freakazoid, Jem, G. I. Joe, Transformers, The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo, The Real Ghostbusters (the one with Slimer), The Ghostbusters (the one with the ape), Ren and Stimpy, etc.

Here's something I would also like to see more of: Silly Symphonies from Disney. Why aren't those on tv? Why isn't the Magical World of Disney on anymore on Sundays? I remember when they used to play those Goofy "how-to's", like "How To Drive" and the Goofy character was guilty of road rage. But this is a tangent.

So, Teletoon Retro, listen up. I don't care HOW expensive it is to buy the tv rights to these shows, go out and buy them so I can watch The Mighty Hercules on tv rather than on YouTube!

No comments: