Friday, March 21, 2008

Frugal Fridays!

Well I missed last week's Frugal Friday because I spent money on booze. What happened this Friday? Practically the same thing. I purchased only two things this week:

Into The Wild
by Jon Krakauer (the book)
Dr Strangelove (40th Anniversary two disc special edition)

That's it. I've already posted about
Dr Strangelove (yesterday) and I haven't started reading the book. I am totally head over heels in love with the Into The Wild movie, so how bad can the book be?

This Tuesday, as new release Tuesday, there's not really any films coming out that I desperately need. A new two disc special edition of Bonnie and Clyde comes out, but I'm not sure I need that. In terms of comics, nothing comes out that I gotta have. The end of March and most of April is often an empty void for new stuff. We'll see.

Let me give you a run down on the next week's posts. Definitely in two weeks, I'm going to see The Ruins. So before that happens, I will post something about my reading experience of that book. Also, I will do something on Atonement as promised, and I will finish my Kubrick Kick series with a look at 1956's The Killing. I may also re-watch 2001: A Space Odyssey this week, but we'll see how that goes. I'm going to be watching There Will Be Blood at some point so look for a review, as well.

Okay, so that ends another tiny Frugal Friday.

No comments: