Friday, May 2, 2008

Frugal Fridays!

Well. I vowed to be more frugal in my Frugal Fridays! and guess what? I was. Here's what I bought:

1 package of white t-shirts from Costco
1 meal at Subway
1 meal at McDonald's
2 meals at Moxie's Classic Grill
20 bucks at the bar

Yep. That's right. No movies. No books. No CDs and guess what? No comics. I've been a very good boy this week. Here's why.... With the help of her sister, my girlfriend made a budget to save money and promote good financial behaviour. Me, on the other hand, have wasted tens of thousands of dollars on crap I don't need. So, inspired by them, I made myself a budget, a very detailed budget that includes gas, rent, taxes, cellphone bill, medications, etc etc etc. I even included in the budget some 2000 dollars for my trip to California. I also budgeted 6000 to pay off my loan, which should pay it down by the end of the year. With all of the figures typed into the Excel worksheet that I downloaded from Windows, the amount I can spend per month on frivolous things is about 130 dollars. That's it. I usually spend that a week or more!

Today's Frugal Friday, the first one of the month, is the new trend for the rest of the year. I plan to update with notes on how my budget is going and we'll see how I do in - say - six months.

No comments: