Friday, May 23, 2008

Frugal Fridays!

Yes, I missed last week's Frugal Friday! and I don't wanna talk about it. This week, I tried to keep within my budget and sort of succeeded. I only purchased four things, other than Subway on one day and dinner at Kelsey's another.

Tree of Smoke by Denis Johnson
Blaze by Richard Bachman
Lisey's Story by Stephen King
Fantastic Four 557
tickets to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Unknown Soldier issues 1 through 4 by Garth Ennis

Uh yeah. So I'm finished for comics for this month, as there's nothing else coming out that I want, and neither for the first little bit of June when the final trade for Y The Last Man comes out. Also I'm saving for California.

So I got Blaze in hardcover because I hate the long paperback style for Stephen King books. Same reason why last week I got Lisey's Story (for cheap!). I like Stephen King and after reading Duma Key, I want to read more King.

I had heard that Denis Johnson's Tree of Smoke was - like - the final word on Vietnam books and I had heard so many superlatives that I thought I would make it the last book I buy for a long time. If I buy another book, post something terrible in the comments. I'll let you know when I get around to reading it if it's as awesome as they say.

So yeah, that's my Frugal Friday for this week and the last week. Catch you on the flipside.

No comments: