Monday, May 12, 2008

I'm a terrible kid.


I'm a terrible kid.

No it's true. It is. I'm a terrible child to my mother. I have an attitude, I don't listen, I talk back, I roll my eyes, I complain and I don't listen. I'm selfish and inconsiderate most of the time (which is one reason why I don't procreate) so when Mother's Day rolls around, this is supposed to be my time to make up for it.

So what did I do? What did I do on Mother's Day? Well, my original plan was to go to my friend's cabin, but my job needed my presence more than a cabin did. So instead of a three day mini-vacation, I worked. This would have been a great time to get my mom a card or something. But did I?

Yeah, I got her a card. But I forgot it at work. So when I got home on Mother's Day from my ten hour day, what did I have to show for my appreciation?

Nothing.

I told you. I'm a terrible kid.

So I wanted to make up for it with this. My blog. My mother isn't a saint or heavenly. She doesn't bake me cookies while I'm at school. She doesn't pay my bills or drive me around. She doesn't have the same tastes as me in practically anything (other than making fun of specific people).

But you know what? When I was going through the lowest point in my life earlier this year, when I was at the absolute bottom - you know who was there for me? Who talked me down from a breakdown over the phone while she was at work?

My mother.

She stood by me and will always stand by me.

Thank you, Mom. I love you.

No comments: