Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My comic book wish list

So I have no money. Well at least no money to spend on comics. So I thought I'd make a huge list of what comics I want. There's some expensive things, and some cheap things, and some stupid things, too. Here we go.

The Basics:

First off, I need volumes 10, 11, and 12 of 100 Bullets. I currently have volumes 1 through 9, and I love this series. Neo-noir? Suspense? Thriller? Sociological examination of morality in the lower echelons? Who knows? This is a great series that's heading into the final stretch. I really want to keep up.

I really want volumes 1, 2, 3, and 4 of Image Comics' Godland. I've heard such cool things about this series, and what art I've seen makes me want it so bad. It's Kirby, the king of comics.

The last trade of Y The Last Man would be nice. I have the first 9 already.

And I love Fables, but I've never owned a single trade. None of the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 volumes.

I have the complete Starman that I absolutely love, and there's a spin-off mini-series called The Shade that's also written by James Robinson. It also has art from J. H. Williams III and Michael Zulli, who are f*%&ing awesome.

We all know I'm looking for the complete Garth Ennis in my collection. Missing from said collection are two major Ennis works: his run on Hellblazer, and his run on Hitman. The problem is that both runs are not collected completely. This is especially true of Hitman, which ran for 60 something issues and only 30 are collected. In terms of Hellblazer, there are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 trades, but of course, two are out of print. Super frustrating.

The Expensive:

I want all 1, 2, 3, 4 hardcovers of Jack Kirby's Fourth World series. It's not even up for debate. I want these so bad. I just don't understand why they're so expensive. It's just cheap newsprint. But I want them. Really badly.

Even though I have the 10 Sandman trades, I want the 1, 2, 3, 4 Absolute Editions. I didn't think I was going to love Sandman as much as I did and now that these gorgeously re-coloured editions are out, I want them bad.

It seems almost cliched to enjoy Frank Miller, but that doesn't mean I don't want the Absolute Edition of The Dark Knight (which I own in trade form already), 300 (which I've never read), and the 1, 2 Daredevil hardcovers (which collects stuff I have already)

Speaking of Daredevil, stupid Marvel is making an omnibus of Bendis and Maleev's run on Daredevil. This is frustrating because I specifically waited to not buy the hardcovers so I could that omnibus, but I was told it would probably never happen. So now I have the hardcovers.

I mean, there's a ton more, but at least I have a nice list going. So if you feel like buying me something, put it in the comments... wait - you don't want to buy me anything? Why not?

No comments: