Friday, January 2, 2009

2009's First Cool Purchase

I got a new Blackberry this year. It's awesome. It's a Blackberry 8320, AKA The Curve. It's really sweet. The screen of my old Blackberry, which was stupid and bulky, was ripping off so it was only a matter of time. I went down to Rogers and talked to somebody who actually helped me, and I got the new Blackberry for a decent price. I should know, I've been researching upgrading my phone since October. Here's what my phone looks like.

So far, I've been playing with it non-stop. I put a couple different wallpapers on it, such as the "Why So Serious" poster from
The Dark Knight, and currently, Starry Night by Van Gogh.

In terms of ringtones, my general one is set to the
Transformers theme song. Yes, I know, I'm a nerd. For the g/f, her's is "Doin' Time" by Sublime, 'cause she's a big fan. When my boss calls me, it's the Imperial March from Star Wars. For a couple other people, it's "Maps" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

I can also make ringtones from MP3s, which is cool. I'm currently trying to make "Hard Sun" by Eddie Vedder into a ringtone, which is one of my favourite songs.

It's taking a little bit to get used to the keyboard, which is much smaller than my old Blackberry, but I love this phone much better. It has a camera, which is really really good. Almost as good as my current digital camera, and I can upload to Facebook or Flickr instantly from the phone. That's amazing!

If you're looking to buy a Blackberry, I really like the Curve, and I recommend it. There's a reason why they call it a Crackberry.

No comments: