Sunday, January 4, 2009

I want I want I want

Here's some movies, etc, I want on Blu-Ray that are upcoming....

The Bourne Trilogy (01/27/09)



Here's an example of a trilogy where the first movie was good, the second movie was better, and the third movie is frigging awesome. To this day,
The Bourne Ultimatum is the paradigm of movies that I compare all other movies too. For example, in Quantum of Solace, there's a fight in a hotel in Haiti that's very reminiscent of the spectacular and possibly best fight ever in Morocco in The Bourne Ultimatum. I can't wait to have them all on Blu-Ray and be able to appreciate Paul Greengrass' excellent cinematography.

Zodiac: The Director's Cut (01/27/09)

This is a movie where I'll be upgrading formats, as I already have this film on DVD. I think that every single Fincher film should be put on Blu-Ray as there's no other director who's pushing the limits of visuals more, maybe Michael Mann....
Zodiac is a far superior serial killer film than Seven, and it even stands alongside The Silence of The Lambs. It's almost like a "f*$& you" to audiences who're looking for closure, answers, and conclusions.

Donnie Darko (02/10/09)

Often hailed as being better than what it is, I like
Donnie Darko, especially its theatrical cut. I have a special interest for the Director's Cut as its an example that too few excises means too much. However, this Blu-Ray retains both cuts and all the extra features I'm used to. Yay!

Body of Lies (02/17/09)

I didn't get a chance to see this in the theaters, and I really wanted to. A new Ridley Scott movie? Based on a book that's awesome? From the screenwriter of The Departed? Oh, sign me up. I shouldn't have my expectations too high, though, from what I've read in the reviews. Still, Kingdom of Heaven didn't fare well with critics, and it remains one of my favourite films ever.

Of course, there's more movies I want on Blu-Ray, like Cloverfield, Mission Impossible 3, Kingdom of Heaven, The Kingdom, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Iron Man, and tons more, but I can't afford them all. Especially when a couple of them are upgrades.

So there you have it.

No comments: