Saturday, June 19, 2010

Great find on ebay!

I haven't bought anything off ebay in forever. First of all, I have no money. Secondly, there's just nothing I need, when I have the city's biggest library three blocks away. But I found this, and I had to have. In my defense, the whole thing was only 6 bucks plus shipping. I would have spent more buying them individually and they wouldn't have matched.


Yes, I purchased the Raj Quartet by Paul Scott, along with the Staying On coda that I recently read for its Booker Prize winning capabilities. I thought Staying On was good, but slight, and I thought I would enjoy the main series more.


I really have a thing for books that match. It always looks better on a shelf when things are uniform. I don't care for crazy oddly shaped books or ones with stupid show-off designs like the McSweeney books.

I'm about 100 pages into the first book, The Jewel in the Crown, and I'm enjoying it enough. I'm also trying to juggle Gravity's Rainbow in the mix, so I'll let you know how that's going.

No comments: