Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The current to-read pile

Holy shit I have a huge to-read pile right now. It's like bigger than normal! So I'm going to list all the books on my to-read list but caveat emptor, I'm not going to guarantee that I'll read every single book I name. Some of these I had to purchase because my goddamn library doesn't have them. Some of these are library books that are already overdue!

1. Matterhorn by Karl Marlantes
2. Cousin Bette by Honore de Balzac
3. The Man who Loved Children by Christina Stead
4. La-Bas by J. K. Huysmans
5. Germinal by Emile Zola
6. Voss by Patrick White
7. The Vivisector by Patrick White
8. The Great Fire by Shirley Hazzard
9. Life and Fate by Vasily Grossman
10. Butcher's Crossing by John Edward Williams
11. The Magic Mountain by Thomas Mann
12. The Adventures of Augie March by Saul Bellow

I'm 350 pages in Stendhal's The Red and the Black (which I'm finding interminable) right now. Look for the review of that in the next couple days.

No comments: