Saturday, September 24, 2011

Doctor Who - the bookshelf

I've said before that I wanted to sell most of my books and keep it to one bookcase. I did that... mostly. Then I had to buy textbooks and whatnot. Plus, I've been hitting up Value Village for books I cannot borrow from my library. Yes, we're starting to get to the same problem that I had before... the compulsive collecting of books. Except, this time, I've purchased cheap books that I plan to read and then discard, however I may choose to do it (sell, donate, toss, etc). However, books I do not plan on selling or tossing or donating are the Doctor Who New Adventures. Something that I thought was going to prove impossible, but I have started collecting. Here is a massive pictures of one of the highlights of my collection (and yes, I bought it for a third of the cover price, when it sells for >30 on eBay)


Here's a picture of some of the Missing Adventures and some of the later New Adventures.


Here's a complete list of what I have so far:
Cat's Cradle: Time's Crucible
Cat's Cradle: Warhead
Cat's Cradle: Witchmark
Love and War
The Highest Science
Deceit
Birthright
Iceberg
Blood Heat
The Dimension Riders
The Left-Handed Hummingbird
No Future
Theatre of War
All-Consuming Fire
Blood Harvest
Strange England
First Frontier
Warlock
Set Piece
Infinite Requiem
Sanctuary
Human Nature
Original Sin
Sky Pirates!
Zamper
Toy Soldiers
Head Games
Just War
Death and Diplomacy
Happy Endings
GodEngine
Christmas on a Rational Planet
Return of the Living Dad
The Death of Art

Isn't this nuts? Aren't I fucking crazy? Well, it's not like I'm going to let them sit on the shelf and gather dust. I love these books, even the ones that aren't so good (except I hated a couple of them). I'm going to try and avoid eBaying the rest of the books and just let them fall into my hands through time and perseverance.

Also, here's a massive picture of the only Eighth Doctor Adventure I have:


Oh boy. Here we go again.

No comments: